Friday, July 2, 2010

Update on Ascocenda Su-Fun Beauty 'Orange Belle' AM/AOS

In my last post I had photos of the very FIRST blooms on a very small Ascocenda.  I was wondering if it was unusual to have an orchid like this to bloom when it was so young.

Well I sent the pictures to the vendor from which I bought the plant.  They said that this particular hybid was the MOST floriferous orchid that they sell and that it was not unusual for this plant to bloom when it was young.  They said that when grown well this orchid can bloom 4 - 6 times per year.

If you like to grow vandaceous orchids, I would definitely recommend that you get one of these orchids.  The color is stunning and it blooms like crazy.

I bought the plant at R.F. Orchids in Homestead, Florida.  They said that as of today they have a limited supply on hand.  They sell these orchids online and they are listed on their website under "vandaceous mericlones"  While they are not on the website, they have some smaller ones for sale also.  Of course, if you live in South Florida, why not visit R.F. Orchids in Homestead.  Their grounds are beautiful and they have very neat, well kept greenhouses.  Their orchids are beautiful.  Just beware, it is hard to buy just one!

No comments: