Saturday, December 19, 2009

Zygopetalum Ryan's Moonlight

Have you come across this hybrid?  I purchased one at the 2009 South Florida Orchid Show.  I have been told that it likes cool weather and to not let it get warmer than 75 F.  Just what I needed, an orchid that has environmental requirements that is hard to have in South Florida.

Well, anyway....I have kept it indoors in the air-conditioning all summer and even into December.  I have put it out just today since we should be getting cooler weather.....finally.

I have not been able to find this hybrid on Orchidwiz.  I have found a very few mentions of it on the internet, but with very little information.  I am hoping with the cool weather that it will bloom.  It typically blooms in the winter.  This will be the first year of me trying to get it to bloom.  When I bought it, it was in bloom with the typical Zygo coloring with a VERY STRONG fragrance.

I will update here on the blog with a picture, if I get a bloom.

In the meantime......let me know........do you know anything about Zygopetalum Ryan's Moonlight?

No comments: